Author:Dawn Edwards/Felt So RightI am a felt/fiber artist and instructor. I love to share the joys of feltmaking with others, having taught within the U.S. and internationally. I specialize in fun, out-of-the ordinary felt hats sold under the name of Felt So Right through specialty retail, boutique and gallery shops throughout the United States.I live in Plainwell, Michigan, where I work from my home studio. I believe that we are all artists....That it is the soul deep need to create. I love and appreciate so many of the arts, but I have found my passion through feltmaking. I find such joy in the alchemy of turning a few ounces of wool into a thing of beauty, limited only by the imagination and I find that the unique sculptural and color possibilities always inspire creativity. I have studied feltmaking with renowned felt and fiber artists from around the world. Feltmaking has truly opened windows to the world for me and I am grateful for this most wonderful opportunity. www.feltsoright.com
A not for profit group of artists with a vast ranging network reaching artists across the planet through diverse associations, groups guilds, individual homes, studios, schools and art groups.
Our goal is to connect feltmakers around the globe.
Many feltmakers are geographically disconnected from their peers. There is a diversity of lifestyle, with some living on farms producing their own fibre, and others living in cities relying on major producers for their supplies. The tie that binds them is that they make felt, in all shapes and forms, everything from sturdy carpets to ethereal scarves or installation art. The world wide web provides us with a connection that brings us together.
It is time for the inevitable next step. A project that unites us in more than a virtual world.
Together - we felt united.
Every year on the first saturday of October, felters from around the globe show their felt to the world, work on collaborations, travel the world to meet each other, party, celebrate, exhibit, teach, talk and share. Everybody in their own way, all united on working in the same theme, same day, same joy but different ideas. Photo's and stories of all you do on this year's FeltUnited can be shared on the FeltUnited facebook page.
- Featured Artists
- Whoa! November 14, 2012
- Happy FeltUnited day everyone! October 5, 2012
- Your new FeltUnited team! November 21, 2012
- Our 2014 Felt United Theme is…..’Peace’! May 23, 2014
- Well, this is it!! February 2, 2012
- Felt United 2016…October 1 is fast approaching… July 23, 2016
- Happy 2015 Felt United Day! October 2, 2015
- Felt United 2015…Less Than Two Months Away. What Are Your Celebration Plans? August 5, 2015
- Our 2015 Felt United Theme is…’HOME’ April 23, 2015
- Happy Felt United Day!!!! October 3, 2014
- vesna: just wonderful
- Dawn Edwards/Felt So Right: Hi Sandi. We're so happy that you're going to participate in this year's Felt United. So, yes, just go to…
- Sandie McDonald: Question on Felt United Day, I have never participated before. Do I just submit a photo of the project?
- Dawn Edwards/Felt So Right: Thank you Anu...so happy that you like this year's theme. Nicola and I are looking forward to seeing all of…
- Anu: what a lovlely theme!!