We are thrilled to announce that the theme for this years FeltUnited day is WATER!!! On Saturday 5th October 2013 people from all around the globe will join together to celebrate working with felt, why don’t you join us and share in the fun? There are many ways in which you can celebrate our wonderful yet ancient craft, here are just a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing!
- show your felt to your neighbours, to your family, to an audience
- hang a felt piece on your front door or in a gallery
- decorate a fence, statue, building, park or yourself!
- plan a workshop
- teach children and adults how to felt
- talk about felt
- write an article about felt or the makers
- get others involved – a community project, an open studio, a ‘felt-in’
- collaborate with a felter in another city, country on another planet
- enjoy felt!
In the meanwhile, our Facebook page is now open for comments, thoughts and ideas for the 2013 event. We also welcome pictures of felt inspired by our new theme, WATER, when posting pictures please make sure to leave a short description saying exactly HOW your piece got its inspiration. NB As moderators of the Facebook group we reserve the right to remove any picture without consultation if we feel it does not conform to the 2013 theme.